Friday, May 12, 2006

May 11: Art (Reversed)


Art represents a synthesis of many things, combined to create something new. So for this as the card of my day I was excited about the possibilties. Like Sagittarius, the card it represents, we go beyond what we are by incorporating new elements and reaching further afield.

Today I finalized plans for my new column in a magazine over in the Costa Del Sol (Sagittarius relates to overseas) but the most striking reflection of the card is found in two processes I was involved in today - look at the card and you can see it - I baked a loaf of bread and made a lemon pound cake today! Alchemy of yesterday is the cooking of today - I didn't have enough oil so I used some cinnamon honey and it came out really cool. The 9 grain loaf however didn't rise as well as expected (but was still tasty with blackberry jam) but the symbol is that ingredients all have a purpose, and when combined create something larger.

The Bigger Picture card, that's how I see this card: the Art of taking what you have, and making something bigger and better out of it.

NOTE: The card was reversed which I think was reflected in the bread not rising as high as I anticipated. There may be other signs from the day, but this is what i see as standing out the most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home