Wednesday, June 21, 2006

June 21: Summer Solstice: The Moon (Reversed)



The Moon is a mysterious card. Here we see two Egyptians protectors of a Gateway. Someone recently said this card evokes the 'As I walk in the valley of death' theme. The biorhythms at the bottom show the rise and fall of lunar tides in the human body and the ones affecting the planet as a whole.

Where does the path lead? How can we ever truly know. We only as far as the eye can see but the scarab beetle at the bottom of the card represents things unseen, dwelling in the unconscious.

The Moon in Astrology represents our unconscious, our habits, our past lives, things ingrained on our soul's journey that we may relate to as what we need but which often turn out to be Habit, pure and simple.

***

it's funny that with so much solar symbolism (since we land today at the Summer Solstice) I'd pull a card relating to the polar opposite - the Moon. The card reversed is a very nebulous card, represented by the sign of Pisces (my own sign). It's a card I see as relating to the more inverted Piscean side - addiction, drugs, alcohol, oversleeping, too much TV, escapism on a deep level - inspiration taken too far to become delusion. Lost in the tides and so forth.

Reversed cards are often hard to read - is it too much of the symbol (overkill) not enough (lack) an unconscious knowledge that isnt fully realized in our dawning awareness, or something we're truly not aware of?

I think today this card represented the old pattern of mine to stay up through the night. I did catch up with a very old friend (who has a Pisces Moon) and we talked for a long time. He's a musician. Symbolic of the more positive manifestion of this card. With his combined pisces Moon with my Pisces Sun, it was a reminder and a going 'home' to myself. The Moon in Astrology relates to the Home. I think it was a message to continue to pay attention to the Lunar Cycles in my own life. Perhaps I'll understand this card at a deeper level as I am sure it will reappear again ahead. I feel the card was a message of more to come. Unconscious energies always manifest themselves for me eventually because I have a keen interest and awareness born under the sign of the FIsh of what is going on under my conscious awareness.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ronald K. Armstrong said...

I find sometimes the moon can mean moody behavior or dual behavior. Just my thoughts.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Neil D Paris said...

Thanks Ronald - yea the Moon is very nebulous and dualistic - I can see the correlation with sign pisces. With so many drawings been interesting keeping track of what aspects are being manifested.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home