Monday, September 18, 2006

Sep 18: The Star (reversed)

The Star came up today - a great card to see for an Astrologer such as myself of course. I haven't yet seen many of the stars here in Los Angeles. A hike up to Griffith Park (and the Observatory) was beautiful but I feel out of favor with the Arian man who took me there, by speaking my mind and being my true self. The Light of our true inner self can often blind and scare away those who cannot face their own Light. Truth hurts sometimes, but only by those who refuse to face it.

The Star card always reminds me of refreshment - there's water to quench the thirst of the land, yet it is renewed, and finds its way back to its source again (the river) just as our souls do, at the end of each incarnation.

Renewal - soul refreshment. The card connects to the Universal sign of Aquarius - Humanity. Unity. Individuality (we're all parts of the whole, just like the 7 smaller stars reflect the largest one, replicas yet distinct and different.

The 7 stars correlate to the Chakra points in our bodies - energy centres (chakra means wheel) that spin and connect our various physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual selves. Unity again. With 8 points each representing the number of Power and Strength, we find something of substance within the spiritual and the ideal - following the stars can actually be one of the most practical things we can do.

But more than that - are we following our own internal 'star'? We were each born to fulfill a spiritual purpose. The Star card reminds us of this, shows us we are on track and to have Hope - without which we cannot anticipate great things.

Reversed, this card was reflected in the lack of complete health within my partner - the Star card I've noticed in the past, can relate to ill-health when reversed. A need for cleansing and renewing. Rest, replenishment - more fluids (it was a soup day today) were needed. And more so - water, represents soul. Sometimes we get off track too far into either emotional whirlpools, or we get inundated with practical and earthy decisions. With Capricorn rising, he is earthbound and I think this card reflected his need to pull back into his spiritual core by letting practical considerations slide for the time being.

For me, aspirations for the future are always in my mind. This card reversed reminded me that I'm still on track but to remain focused on my Vision, and on creating my future in the here and now. Balancing mind and spirit, body and emotions, is a tricky path - I tend to spend a lot of time in my head, at the computer.

An old friend called today, I think since I've been spending a lot of time on my own (happily) it may be a call to reconnect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home